Traditional Genealogical Research
Determining ancestral relationships using historical documents from archives, courthouses, libraries, and digital repositories.
Genetic Genealogy for Adoptees
Analyzing DNA results to ascertain the identity of the biological parents of adoptees or people of unknown parentage.
IGG for Law Enforcement
Using DNA and genealogy to ascertain the identity of human remains, suspected violent offenders, abandoned infants, or kidnappees.
Pricing for Traditional Services
My hourly rate for traditional genealogical research services (i.e., not genetic analysis) is $50/hour plus expenses*. I provide an initial, one-hour consultation free of charge, in which I can help you assess whether my services are right for you and your project, and in which I can answer any questions you might have about how the process would work.
My hourly rate applies to the time it takes to:
- Review and verify consequential data that you provide me at the start of the project
- Conduct research
- Drive to and from physical repositories, if necessary
- Write and proofread reports
For simple document retrievals, a single hour may suffice. For solving genealogical problems, my services are booked in 10-hour blocks.
Contact me today to start with a free consultation!
* Expenses include, but are not limited to, things like fees that I might need to pay in order to park at an archive, enter an archive, request documents, copy/print paper records, mail the client a physical report (if client prefers over digital delivery), etc. I always have the client authorize such expenses in writing, before I incur such expenses.
Pricing for Genetic Services
For genetic genealogy projects assisting adoptees or law enforcement, my research rate is a flat $750,* regardless of how much time the task takes. I provide an initial, one-hour consultation free of charge, in which I can help you assess whether my services are right for you and your project, and in which I can answer any questions you might have about how the process would work.
I only accept payment after I have completed the project and identified a biological parent or suspect. After I have completed the research and payment has been made, I will then transmit the final research report.
* This fee covers my research. The DNA testing kit, equipment, lab sequencing costs, etc., represent separate expenses.
Josiah offers a great service at excellent value. I appreciate his professionalism and attention to detail.Jennifer Williams – Los Angeles, CA
[Josiah] is conscientious about his work. I really can’t see going anywhere else to have my work done and am so pleased with his results.David Swann – Lake Elsinore, CA